Key dates 2023
Please note registration for the Awards Info Session, Entrant Workshops, and the Mentoring Program will be available through the Tasmanian Tourism Awards EDM, which will be sent to all operators once they have nominated. Alternatively, please email Tasmanian Tourism Awards Program Manager, Kelly Luck.
Nominations Open14 April 2023
Nominate online for your chosen category(ies)
Tourism Awards Information Sessions for NEW entrants27 April 2023
Specifically for NEW entrants, or those returning after some time away from the program - learn about the process of entering the awards and the Entrant Support Program.
Entrant Workshop #111 May 2023
This workshop will help plan for how to approach your Awards entry and identify the resources you'll need to prepare your submission.
Entrant Workshop #218 May 2023
Dive deeper into what the questions actually require of you
Nominations Close29 May 2023
Last date to get online and complete a nomination.
Entrant Workshop #31 June 2023
How to make your submission shine - advice from former Awards judges
Entrant Workshop #415 June 2023
How to edit and layout your entry including images and graphs to appeal to the judges
Business/Accommodation Standards Due (where relevant)30 June 2023
These are mandatory for some categories and will appear as a tab within the awards portal if applicable to you. Please complete EACH section and hit 'submit' by the deadline.
Bookings for Mentoring sessions close5 July 2023
This is the last day to book in your mentoring sessions
Entrant Workshop #517 August 2023
What the Online and Site Visit judges are looking for
One on one Mentoring22 May 2022
Mentoring occurs between 22 May and 1 September via Zoom. Planning, check-in, and complete submission review sessions are available.
Submissions Due14 September 2023
The most important date to remember! You must complete your online application and submit by 5pm today!
Site Visits commence2 September 2023
Site Judges will visit your business (by appointment) between 2 September and 1 October.
Finalists Announced17 October 2023
If you achieve a mark of 70% or above, you’ll achieve finalist status and receive the finalist logo. Details of the announcement events will be released mid-September.
Tourism Awards Gala Dinner17 November 2023
Time to get out your formal wear for the biggest night of the Tasmanian tourism calendar!
Qantas Australian Tourism Awards15 March 2024
Lucky winners in each category will join the cream of Australian tourism at the prestigious Australian Tourism Awards Gala in Darwin.
How to Enter
- Read the category descriptions carefully
- Choose the category most relevant to your business and product (if appropriate, you may enter more than one category)
- If you're not sure, speak to the Awards Coordinator to check your eligibility for your chosen category before entering.
- Nominate in the portal and pay the entry fee: $99 per entry incl GST
- Once you've paid your entry, you'll be given access to the portal where you can start entering your submission responses whenever you're ready
- When you've finished your entry (preferably after you've attended the workshops and undertaken mentoring), get a friend/colleague to read through, check it all makes sense, and click the submit button before the submission date.
- You'll also need to host a visit from a Site Judge once you've submitted, this will be organised closer to the date.
- Wait to hear in October whether you've made finalist status or not.