Key dates 2021
Nominations Open16 March 2021
Nominate online for your chosen category(s)
Tourism Awards Information Sessions for new entrants24 March 2021
New entrants first - learn about the process of entering the awards. Followed by an update on the changes for 2021 for past entrants.
Nominations Close4 June 2021
Last date to get online and complete a nomination.
Entrant Workshop #121 April 2021
This workshop will help plan for how to approach your awards entry and planning for what resources you'll need to prepare your submission
Entrant Workshop #212 May 2021
Dive deeper into what the questions actually require of you
Entrant Workshop #39 June 2021
Final workshop to discuss how to edit and layout your entry including images and graphs to appeal to the judges.
One on one Mentoring14 June 2021
Mentoring occurs between 14 June and 27 August via Zoom
Submissions Due1 September 2021
The most important date to remember! You must complete your online application and submit by 5pm today!
Site Visits Start4 September 2021
Site Judges will visit your business (by appointment) between 4 and 26 September 2021
Finalists Announced6 October 2021
If you achieve a mark of 70% or above, you’ll achieve finalist status and receive the finalist logo. Functions held Launceston and Hobart.
Tourism Awards Gala Dinner5 November 2021
Time to get out your formal wear for the biggest night of the year! The biggest night on the Tasmanian tourism calendar, anyway.
Qantas Australian Tourism Awards4 March 2022
Date tbc. Lucky winners in each category will join the cream of Australian tourism at the prestigious Qantas Australian Tourism Awards Gala.
How to Enter
- Read the category descriptions carefully
- Choose the category most relevant to your business and product (if appropriate, you may enter more than one category)
- If you're not sure, speak to the Awards Coordinator to check your eligibility for your chosen category before entering.
- Nominate in the portal and pay the entry fee: $99 per entry incl GST
- Once you've paid your entry, you'll be given access to the portal where you can start entering your submission responses whenever you're ready
- When you've finished your entry (preferably after you've attended the workshops and undertaken mentoring), get a friend/colleague to read through, check it all makes sense, and click the submit button before the submission date.
- You'll also need to host a visit from a Site Judge once you've submitted, this will be organised closer to the date.
- Wait to hear in October whether you've made finalist status or not.