Tourism Industry Council Tasmania (TICT) presents the Tasmanian Tourism Awards each year for, and on behalf of, the Tasmanian tourism industry. The Awards celebrate and encourage professionalism, sustainability and innovation in tourism, while providing a benchmark for industry best practice.
winning a Tasmanian Tourism Award, our most outstanding local
operators attain national recognition, automatically becoming a
finalist in the prestigious Qantas Australian Tourism Awards.
There are 25 categories to choose from, with a category relevant to every tourism operator. Entrants complete an online submission and a site visit. We offer an entrant support program, and all entrants are strongly encouraged to take advantage of this assistance to prepare the best possible entry.
Finalists are announced in early October. All are invited to celebrate their achievements with staff, family, friends and industry colleagues at the Tasmanian Tourism Awards Gala in November.
How to Enter
- Read the category descriptions carefully to choose the category most relevant to your business and product;
- Nominate for your chosen category(s) and pay the entry fee: $180 per entry incl GST;
- Jump online and start answering the questions;
- Attend the free Awards workshops with the tips and tricks to help you put together your best possible entry;
- Take up the offer of free Awards mentoring from experienced past entrants and judges.;
- Finalise your entry and submit by the August deadline;
- Host a visit from our site judge;
- And nervously await the announcement of finalists in October!
There are many benefits to entering the Tasmanian Tourism Awards.
Of course, winning at the state or national level is the ultimate reward! But for most entrants, the other benefits they gain from participating in the Awards process are far more important.
Entering the Tasmanian Tourism Awards is all about conducting an intensive review and analysis of your tourism business.
The timing is perfect: it’s the end of the financial year, business quietens and you’re making plans for the year ahead. The Awards ask you to focus, and review all the important components of your business (product, business planning, marketing, customer service and sustainability).
Entrants take the time to review the goals they’ve set for their business, analyse results, identify and celebrate achievements, and uncover weaknesses. This all helps with planning for the next year, and making your business even better!
Repeat entrants find that committing to participate in the Awards process contributes to the ongoing improvement and success of their business…. and the possibility of winning a trophy!
But don’t just take our word for it, check out what some of our past entrants have to say:
In short, entering the Awards helps your business to:
- Gain access to the Tasmanian Tourism Awards logo, a striking symbol of quality and excellence
- Raise your business profile within the industry, the broader community and above all, the visitor market
- Achieve recognition of excellence from your tourism peers
- Build morale and team spirit among your staff and colleagues.
- Undertake a focused review your business goals, results and plans for the coming year
- Get confidential feedback from our team of experienced judges
- Benchmark your business against fellow industry members