Dialogue: World Tourism Day Business Luncheon
'Dialogue' is the Tasmanian tourism industry's major annual business luncheon where we invite a leading national figure in the Australian tourism and travel industries to address Tasmanian tourism, business, community and government representatives.
'Dialogue' is designed to bring a national tourism focus to Tasmania, and to engage business and community leaders from across Tasmania in the tourism agenda.
'Dialogue' is held in late September to coincide with the World Tourism Day on 27 September.
Past Dialogue Luncheons
Over the years we've been fortunate to hear from some of the biggest names in the country on their vision for the future of tourism, and Tasmania's place within it.
- 2018 - Tourism Australia Managing Director, John O'Sullivan, on Tasmania's emergence as a global destination
- 2017 - MONA Founder, David Walsh, on his vision for the next stage of MONA
- 2016 - The co-founders of Virgin Blue and co-owners of the Tasmanian Walking Co, Rob Sherrard & Brett Godfrey on investing in Tasmania.
- 2015 - Qantas CEO, Alan Joyce, on the future of air access to Tasmania
- 2014 - CEO of International Education Australia, Phil Honeywood, on Tasmania's Education Tourism potential.
- 2013 - Former Prime Minister, Kevin Rudd on Tasmania's place in the Asian Century
- 2012 - Virgin Australia CEO, John Borghetti , on the changing Australian aviation industry.