Tourism Futures is the Tasmanian Tourism Conference program exclusive to VET Tourism & Hospitality students, and young Tasmanians who have recently commenced a career in tourism, or aspire to commence a career in tourism.
Facilitated by 2015 Tasmanian Young Australian of the Year, Adam Mostogl, Tourism Futures will inspire, energise and engage you in the exciting opportunities opening for young Tasmanians in our tourism industry.
Participants will have the opportunity to meet, network with, and learn about our industry from some of the biggest names in Tasmanian tourism, before being challenged to apply your knowledge, passion and ideas in a fun and interactive workshop to create your own vision for the future of Tasmanian tourism.
Along the way we're also going to have a bit of fun - Penny Royal are kindly throwing open their gates to us, and you never know who you might run into on the infamous Dark Ride...
Tourism Futures Conference Program
Proudly sponsored by TasTAFE Drysdale
Wednesday, 9 May
10am - 4pm
Launceston Conference Centre
50 Glen Dhu Street, South Launceston
Some of Tassie tourism’s best and brightest will share their knowledge and insights into the industry.
Who are our visitors? Why do they come and what do they do? And what are some of the different ways you can be a part of it – from establishing your own tourism business, to savvy digital marketing or a rewarding career in hospitality – these are the people who have been there, done it, and are bursting with insights and enthusiasm to now share with you.
Confirmed presenters include:
- Robert Pennicott - Managing Director of Pennicott Wilderness Journeys and Official Australian Tourism Legend
- Mark Wilsdon - Co-CEO of MONA
- Simon Currant - Godfather of Tasmanian nature tourism
- Daniel Leesong - TICT Chairman and operator of Coal River Farm
- Tom Wootton – Marketing wunderkid behind Pumphouse Point and now Federal Group
At the end of the day, facilitator extraordinaire, Adam Mostogl, will take you through a fun, interactive and creative workshop to develop your own idea for an exciting tourism future in Tasmania.
Tourism Futures Networking Event
Proudly sponsored by Tourism Industry Council Tasmania, Penny Royal & JAC Group
Wednesday, 9 May
5.30 - 7.30pm
Penny Royal, Launceston
Network over wood fired pizza and icecream with your fellow participants and the leaders of the Tasmanian tourism industry, before checking out the Dark Ride, Cliff Adventures, and other exciting attractions at Launceston’s iconic Penny Royal.
Cost and Registrations
- Networking Event Only: $30 (incl GST): pizza + beverages + access to Penny Royal adventures
- Conference Program Only: $30 (incl GST): program + morning tea + lunch
- Networking Event + Conference Program: $50 (incl GST) - all inclusive
For further information: Call Hayley at TICT on (03) 6231 2244