Thursday, 29 October 2020 - Country Club Launceston
- A deep dive into what it will take to realise Tasmania's true AgriTourism potential.
- Updates and insights from our industry thought leaders
- Conversations about what we should all be right doing for our businesses and our own wellbeing
- And a rare address from an Australian sporting legend , who knows a thing of two about what it takes to be a 'Survivor'
Please note: Program subject to change!
Click on the title for more information on the speaker and their session. (Profiles will be uploaded as provided)
Registrations & Coffee from 930 am
(Coffee van with thanks to Cumulus Studio - Official Architecture partner to the Tasmanian tourism industry)
10 am - Our Place & Produce
- Trowunna Aboriginal Education Services
Sharing, learning and reconciling - our Welcome to Country
Followed by a deep dive discussion on what it's going to take to realise Tasmania's agritourism potential:
- The Farmer's perspective:
Emma Bruce (Cape Grim Beef) & Anna Yip (Off the Table)
- The Producer's perspective
Nick Haddow (Bruny Island Cheese & Beer)
- The Restaurateur's perspective
Kif Weber (Suzi Luck's - Hobart, Formally Mud - Launceston)
- The tour operator's perspective
Sara Barnes (Experiential Tasmania)
And why waste should mattersto all of us:
- Tasmania's Waste Strategy and a Container Deposit Levy
Rob Kelman (Australian Recycling Council)
BLEND 2020 The Tasmanian Tourism + Wine Industries Annual Joint Luncheon
12.00 - 1.30 pm
(Lunch and Beverages inclusive of Conference Registration)
We're bringing our annual get together with the Tasmanian Wine Industry to the Tourism Conference for a conference luncheon unlike any other.
Local Northern Tasmania wine producers sharing their amazing products with you over an informal sit-down networking luncheon
Don't worry - Even if wine isn't your thing, the food and networking will be great and you will meet some outstanding local Tasmanian producers passionate about what they do and who share many of the same aspirations for Tasmania as we tourism operators do - after all we're all one and the same!
(Just remember, while the wines will be AMAZING, we'll have a big afternoon ahead, so 'tastings' and networking are the order of the day!)
With thanks to our major partners, Host Plus - Official superannuation partner of the Tasmanian tourism industry, and Wine Tasmania
1.30 - 3.00 Session 2 - Our Response
- Official Opening
Hon Sarah Courtney MP, Minister for Hospitality & Events
- Shaping our future - TICT Welcome
Daniel Leesong, Chairman, Tourism Industry Council Tasmania
- Tourism Tasmania Update
Emma Terry and Anne Greentree, Tourism Tasmania
- What does being a 'safe' destination mean for operators and the community?
Lisa Punshon, Department of State Growth
- Parks in our Rebuild - Parks and Wildlife Update
Jason Jacobi, General Manager, Tasmanian Parks & Wildlife Service
- The Host Plus 2020 Tasmanian Tourism Conference Key Note Address
Mark Wilsdon, Co-CEO, MONA
3.00 Afternoon Tea with Thanks to Knight Frank
3.30 - 5.00 Our People
- Labor's Message to the Tasmanian tourism industry
Hon Rebecca White MP, Labor Leader, Shadow Minister for Tourism
- 10 Things Every Tourism Operator Should Be Doing Right Now
Sam Denmead (Green Hat Tourism) + Jake Smith (Formally GM, MACq01 Hotel)
- Grief, Loss and Recovery
Mitch Mcpherson, Founder, Stay ChatTY
- The Mercury's Closing Key Note Address
Dr Shane Gould AM MBE, Olympic Legend, 'Survivor', PhD, East Coast Tourism Operator
Enchanted 2020 - BBQ on the Lawns @ Josef Chromy Wines
Josef Chromy Wines, Relbia
7 - 9.30 pm
The ultimate tourism networking soiree is back for another year!
For this year's 'Enchanted' we're embracing the warmer weather and heading out to the iconic Josef Chromy Wines.
Think more wine, gourmet BBQ tastings, good tourism company, some surprises (did we mention more wine?) - in a spectacular setting.
We'll be doing networking with appropriate social distancing of course. But, hey, all the elements are there for another great 'Enchanted' night.
Enchanted 2020 is thanks to Steadfast TasWide - Official Insurance Brokers to the Tasmanian tourism industry