Friday 6 November - Wrest Point, Hobart
- A climate neutral destination? What does that mean and is it worth the effort?
- What are our businesses needing right now to secure their futures
- Disruption and culture change - riding the rough waves
- Mental wellbeing in our businesses
- .....and a bonefide Rock Star!
Please note: Program subject to change!
Click on the title for more information on the speaker and their session (profiles will be added as provided)
Registrations & Coffee from 9.30 am -
(Coffee Van supported by Cumulus Studio - Official Architecture partner of the Tasmanian tourism industry)
10.00 am- Our Future
(Trust us, you will not want to be late and miss this)
- Welcoming you onto our country.
Dewayne Everittsmith and Members of the Tasmanian Aboriginal Community
60,000 years of perspective before looking to our future challenges and opportunities.
- Tasmania's Future Climate
Dr Jess Melbourne-Thomas, CSIRO Climate Scientist + Tasmania's 2020 Australian of the Year
- Tasmania as a Carbon Neutral Visitor Destination?
- Tasmania's Brand in the COVID world
Todd Babiak, CEO, Brand Tasmania
- Cruise. Let's talk frankly.
Luke Martin, CEO, Tourism Industry Council Tasmania
- What is 'Regenerative tourism' and why does it matter right now?
Sarah Lebski, Tourism Consultant + 2013 Tasmanian Tourism Champion
NAB Tasmanian Tourism Conference: Lunch with the Premier
(Sit down lunch inclusive with conference registration)
Premier and Tourism Minister Peter Gutwein is joining us for lunch. He'll speak frankly and directly about where things are at. As we've learned to expect.
Lunch Sponsor: Thanks to NAB - the official banking partner of TICT and the Tasmanian tourism industry.
1330 - 1500: Our Reality
- Shaping our future - TICT Welcome
Daniel Leesong, Chairman, Tourism Industry Council Tasmania
- The University and Tourism. More in common than not.
Prof Rufus Black, Vice-Chancellor, University of Tasmania
- Our Recovery Journey - Tourism Tasmania's Update
John Fitzgerald and Anne Greentree, Tourism Tasmania
- What does being a 'safe' destination mean for operators and the community?
Kym Goodes, Chair, East Coast Regional Tourism Organisation + Member, Premer's Economic & Social Recovery Advisory Council
- TICTs Tasmanian Tourism Conference 2020 Key Note Address
Bianca Welsh, Partner The Stillwater Group, 2019 Tourism Minister's Young Achiever
3.00 - Afternoon Tea with thanks to the Tasmanian Parks & Wildlife Service
3.30 - 500: Our People
- What must be done now to secure our businesses
Rob Cameron Senior Adviser, Collins SBA
- Responding to Disruption and Cultural Change. Some practical steps
Katy Cooper, Disruptive Co
- Mental Wellbeing. Am employer's perspective
Tommy Windsor, Founder, Mobart Mo Bros
- The MooBrew Closing Key Note Address
Brian Ritchie, Violent Femmes Bassist, Mona Foma Creative Director
5.00pm ... and we're done!
You Need a Drink..
It's Friday Night.
You'll need a drink...
Join us at Frogmore for an evening of social-distanced networking, tourism company, eats and drinks.. but still celebrating all that is great and resilient and strong about our tourism industry.
With thanks to our partners TasVacations