Thursday, 19 August 2021 - Country Club Launceston
- Looking forward to the future of Tasmanian tourism in a post-COVID and post-Carbon world
- Updates and insights from our industry leadership and destination marketers at the State and National levels
- Deep-diving into our key industry strategic priorities from theT21 Tasmanian Visitor Economy Strategy
- A dash of inspiration from some of Tasmania's best and brightest
- One of Australia's leading presenters on the future and the state of the world - 'Future Crunch'
Please note: For obvious reasons this year, program is subject to change.
Click on the title for more information on the speaker and their session. (Profiles will be uploaded as provided)
Registrations & Coffee from 8.30 am
Coffee van supplied with thanks to Cumulus Studio
9 am - Setting the Scene
- Welcome to Country
Representatives of the palawa
- Welcome from TICT
Daniel Leesong, Chair, Tourism Industry Council Tasmania
- Official Opening and Minister's Address
Hon Peter Gutwein MP, Premier of Tasmania & Minister for Tourism
- The National and Global Tourism Outlook
Sarah Clark, Managing Director, Intrepid Group APAC
- The Spirit of Tasmania 2021 Tasmanian Tourism Conference Keynote Address
COVID Diaries of a Backpack Tour Operator
Greg Price, Managing Director, Jump Tours
10.30 - 11 am Morning Tea
Sponsored by Steadfast Taswide Insurance Brokers
11 - 12.30 pm Building for the future
- Alternative Futures for Tourism
Katy Cooper, Director, Neu21
- Marketing Destination Tasmania in the New Normal
John Fitzgerald, CEO, and Emma Terry, CMO, Tourism Tasmania
with thanks to Tourism Tasmania
- A whip around the State of our Future Building Visitor Infrastructure Projects
- Bernard Dwyer, CEO Spirit of Tasmania - The Next Generation Spirit of Tasmania Ships
- John Perry, Coordinator-General, Tasmanian Government - The Cradle Mountain Master Plan
- Jason Jacobi, General Manager , Tasmanian Parks & Wildlife Service - Parks Infrastructure Program
- Andrew Paynter, COO, NRMA Expeditions - Iconic Regional Tourism Infrastructure Assets
- James McKee, Manager Innovation and Performance, City of Launceston - Major Visitor Attraction Projects for Northern Tasmania
12.30 - 1.30 pm The Legendary Country Club Tourism Conference Lunch
With thanks to Country Club Tasmania and Hype TV.
1.30 - 3.00 pm Deep Dive Break-Outs
Choose one of three concurrent break-outs at each of two sessions.
With thanks to Hostplus - Official Superannuation for the Tasmanian tourism and hospitality industries.
Session 1 (1.30 - 2.15pm)
- Is Traditional Tourism Marketing and Sales Dead?
A panel discussion featuring Tasmanian tourism marketing All-Stars
(Mt Pleasant Showroom)
- Tourism Research for a Commercial Purpose: A MACq 01 Case Study
Dr Daniel Hanna, Executive GM Corporate Affairs, Federal Group + Monika Belhaj, PhD UTAS Candidate + Dr Kim Lehman, Senior Lecturer and PhD Supervisor, UTAS
(The Terrace Restaurant)
- The Big Questions All Tourism Businesses Should Be Asking Themselves Right Now
Anita Dahlenburg, CA GAICD, Enterprise Centers Tasmania
Session 2 (2.15 - 3.00pm)
- Opening the Gate: Accelerating Agritourism in Tasmania
Nick Haddow (Chair, Agritourism Reference Group) + Anne Greentree (Director, Visitor Economy Strategy T21), Henry and Anna Terry (Tasmanian Truffles), Andrew Pitt (President, Launceston Chamber of Commerce), Vonette Mead (Councillor, Latrobe Council) and Allison Clark (Lead Innovator, Optimum Standard and Project Lead, Opening The Gate: Accelerating Agritourism in Tasmania)
(Mt Pleasant Showroom)
- Sharing the Universal Natural and Cultural Values of Tasmania's Protected Areas
Jason Jacobi, Tasmanian Parks & Wildlife Service + Steve Gall, Director of Aboriginal Heritage
(The Terrace Showroom)
- The Who, What, How and Why of Tasmania becoming a Carbon Neutral (Positive) Visitor Destination
Luke Martin, CEO, Tourism Industry Council Tasmania + Todd Babiak, CEO, Brand Tasmania
3.00 - 3.30 pm Afternoon Tea
Sponsored by Knight Frank Realty.
3.30 - 5.00pm - The Big Close
(Trust us, you will not want to leave early and miss this!)
Bushfires, Pandemics and Optimism. A Tourism Tale.
Craig Wickham, Managing Director, Exceptional Kangaroo Island
Followed by our Closing Address:
Confidence And Living Fearlessly Through The Unexpected.
Hanny Allston - Tasmanian World Champion, Businesswoman, Mum, Runner, Inspiration.
With thanks to the Tasmanian Parks and Wildlife Service .
Ready To Register?
Registrations for the 2021 Tasmanian Tourism Conference are Now Open!Click here for details