Thursday, 19 August 2021 - Country Club Launceston
- Looking forward to the future of Tasmanian tourism in a post-COVID and post-Carbon world
- Updates and insights from our industry leadership and destination marketers at the State and National levels
- Deep-diving into our key industry strategic priorities from theT21 Tasmanian Visitor Economy Strategy
- A dash of inspiration from some of Tasmania's best and brightest
- One of Australia's leading presenters on the future and the state of the world - 'Future Crunch'
Please note: For obvious reasons this year, program is subject to change.
Click on the title for more information on the speaker and their session. (Profiles will be uploaded as provided)
Registrations & Coffee from 8.30 am
Coffee van supplied with thanks to Cumulus Studio
9 am - Setting the Scene
- Welcome to Country
Representatives of the palawa
- Welcome from TICT
Daniel Leesong, Chair, Tourism Industry Council Tasmania
- Official Opening and Minister's Address
Hon Peter Gutwein MP, Premier of Tasmania & Minister for Tourism
- The National and Global Tourism Outlook
Sarah Clark, Managing Director, Intrepid Group
- The Spirit of Tasmania 2021 Tasmanian Tourism Conference Key Note Address
COVID Diaries of a Backpack Tour Operator
Greg Price, Managing Director, Jump Tours
10.30 - 11 am Morning Tea
Sponsored by Steadfast Taswide Insurance Brokers
11 - 12.30 pm Building for the future
- The changing priorities and behaviours of Australian travel consumers
Michele Levine, CEO, Roy Morgan Research
with thanks to Roy Morgan Research
- Marketing Destination Tasmania in the New Normal
John Fitzgerald, CEO, and Emma Terry, CMO, Tourism Tasmania
With thanks to Tourism Tasmania
- A whip around the State of our Future Building Visitor Infrastructure Projects
- Bernard Dwyer, CEO Spirit of Tasmania - The Next Generation Spirit of Tasmania Ships
- John Perry, Coordinator-General, Tasmanian Government - The Cradle Mountain Master Plan
- Jason Jacobi, General Manager , Tasmanian Parks & Wildlife Service - Parks Infrastructure Program
- Andrew Paynter, COO, NRMA Expeditions - Iconic Regional Tourism Infrastructure Assets
- Michael Stretton, CEO, City of Launceston - Major Visitor Attraction Projects for Northern Tasmania
12.30 - 1.30 pm The Legendary Country Club Tourism Conference Lunch
With thanks to Country Club Tasmania and Hype TV.
1.30 - 3.00 pm Deep Dive Break-Outs
Choose one of three concurrent break-outs at each of two sessions.
With thanks to Host Plus - Official Superannuation for the Tasmanian tourism and hospitality industries.
Session 1 (1.30 - 2.15pm)
- Is Traditional Tourism Marketing and Sales Dead?
A panel discussion featuring Tasmanian tourism marketing All-Stars
- Opening the Gate. Accelerating Agritourism in Tasmania
Nick Haddow (Chair, Agritourism Reference Group) + Rose Wright & Alison Clark (Lead Consultants)
- Tourism Research for a Commercial Purpose: A MACq 01 Case Study
Dr Daniel Hanna, Executive GM Corporate Affairs, Federal Group + Monika Belhaj, PhD UTAS Candidate + Dr Kim Lehman, Senior Lecturer and PhD Supervisor, UTAS
Session 2 (2.15 - 3.00pm)
- Sharing the Universal Natural & Cultural Values of Tasmania's Protected Areas
Jason Jacobi, Tasmanian Parks & Wildlife Service + Steve Gall, Director of Aboriginal Heritage
- Alternative Futures for Tourism
Katy Cooper, Director, Neu21
- Tasmania's Pathway to a Carbon Neutral (Positive) Visitor Destination
Charlie Knaggs, Principal, Energy & Climate Change, Point Advisory + Luke Martin, CEO, Tourism Industry Council Tasmania
3.00 - 3.30 pm Afternoon Tea
Sponsored by Knight Frank Realty.
3.30 - 5.00pm - The Big Close
(Trust us, you will not want to leave early and miss this!)
Followed by our Closing Address:
Confidence and living fearlessly through the unexpected.
Hanny Allston - Tasmanian World Champion, Businesswoman, Mum, Runner, Inspiration.
With thanks to the Tasmanian Parks and Wildlife Service .
Ready To Register?
Registrations for the 2021 Tasmanian Tourism Conference are Now Open!Click here for details