2019 - Key dates
Nominations Open14 March 2019
Nominate online for your chosen category(s)
Tourism Awards Information Sessions for new entrants30 April 2019
Meet the Awards Coordinator and learn about the process of entering the awards.
Nominations Close5 June 2019
Last date to get online and complete a nomination.
Entrant Workshops12 June 2019
These workshops provide tips to entrants on using the portal and the nitty gritty of each question.
Entrant Mentoring19 June 2019
Mentoring occurs between 19 June and 23 August - four part program.
Submissions Due4 September 2019
The most important date to remember! You must complete your online application and submit by 5pm today!
Site Visits Start14 September 2019
Site Judges will visit your business (by appointment) between 14 and 5 October, 2019.
Finalists Announced16 October 2019
If you achieve a mark of 70% or above, you’ll achieve finalist status and receive the finalist logo. Time to celebrate and promote, promote, promote!
Tourism Awards Gala Dinner8 November 2019
Time to get out your formal wear for the biggest night of the year! The biggest night on the Tasmanian tourism calendar, anyway.
Qantas Australian Tourism Awards28 February 2020
The lucky winners in each category will join the cream of Australian tourism at the prestigious Qantas Australian Tourism Awards Gala in Canberra.
How to Enter
- Read the category descriptions carefully to choose the category most relevant to your business and product;
- Nominate for your chosen category(s) and pay the entry fee: $190 per entry incl GST;
- Jump online and start answering the questions;
- Attend the free Awards workshops with the tips and tricks to help you put together your best possible entry;
- Take up the offer of free Awards mentoring;
- Finalise your entry and submit by the August deadline;
- Host a visit from our site judge;
- And nervously await the announcement of finalists in October!