Entrant Support Program
Included in your entry fee is an extensive entrant support program made up of briefings, workshops and mentoring to assist entrants in preparing the best possible entry.
The timing of the entrant support program has been specifically planned to help you stick to the recommended timeline of preparing a submission and achieve the entrants best outcome.
Thinking about entering?
Information sessions are designed for new entrants or those that didn't enter last year, who wish to learn more about the awards process. We discuss the main benefits of entering, what sorts of things are being asked, the commitment required and also a bit about how the online portal works.
Information sessions for 2018 will be held (click on the location for details and to register):
- Burnie – Tuesday 1 May, 12 - 1pm
- Launceston – Tuesday 1, May 4 - 5pm
- Hobart – Thursday 3 May 10am – 11am
- Campbell Town – Wednesday 23 May, 11am - 12pm
Now that you've entered.
These workshops are for entrants who have completed their nomination and will submit an entry into the tourism awards. We will go into the nitty gritty of what each question needs included, as well as taking a test run through the portal and showing you how to enter text, place images and tables and use the system for reviewing and feedback.
Workshops will be held (registrations now open):
- Burnie - Tuesday 5 June 2018, 10am - 12pm
- Launceston - Wednesday 6 June 2018, 10am - 12pm
- Hobart - Thursday 7 June 2018, 10am - 12pm
- Campbell Town - Wednesday 27 June 2018, 2pm - 4pm
If you are unable to attend one of these workshops, the notes will be emailed out on Friday 8 June.
All Tasmanian Tourism Awards entrants are provided with the opportunity to gain 3 hours of valuable one-on-one guidance from an experienced mentor.
- Mentoring will take place between Monday 2 July and Friday 10 August 2018.
- Links to the online calendar will be emailed to all nominated businesses
- The calendars will CLOSE on Friday 22 JUNE 2018 at 5pm. No further mentoring sessions will be offered following this cut off time.
- As we expect a large number of businesses to register, there will be more than one mentor, and you can choose who you book with at a time that suits you best from the online calendar. You'll be notified when this online calendar is available and it will be a case of first in, first served.
How it works
Entrants will have the option of receiving their feedback, in writing or in person (face to face, over the phone or skype).
Your first draft will need to be available (either in the portal or via an emailed document) to your mentor approximately 4 days prior to your booked session.
Your mentor will spend approximately 1 1/2 hours reading and making notes about your submission. The rest of the allocated three hours (1 1/2 hrs) will be spent providing feedback. So, if you've selected face to face or phone mentoring, please allow 1 1/2 hrs for this.
If you cannot make a feedback session, your feedback will be returned as soon as it's completed via email or available on the portal.
NOTE: You must have at least attempted all of the questions before you send your draft to the mentor.
Please let Sam know if you have any questions about this by email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0400 224 942.