Entrant Support Program
Included in your entry fee is an extensive entrant support program made up of briefings, workshops and mentoring to assist entrants in preparing the best possible entry.
The timing of the entrant support program has been specifically planned to help you stick to the recommended timeline of preparing a submission and achieve the entrants best outcome.
Thinking about entering?
Information sessions are designed for new entrants or those that didn't enter last year, who wish to learn more about the awards process. We discuss the main benefits of entering, what sorts of things are being asked, the commitment required and also a bit about how the online portal works.
Information sessions for 2018 will be held (click on the location for details and to register):
- Burnie – Tuesday 1 May, 12 - 1pm
- Launceston – Tuesday 1, May 4 - 5pm
- Hobart – Thursday 3 May 10am – 11am
- Campbell Town – Wednesday 23 May, 11am - 12pm
Now that you've entered.
These workshops are for entrants who have completed their nomination and will submit an entry into the tourism awards. We will go into the nitty gritty of what each question needs included, as well as taking a test run through the portal and showing you how to enter text, place images and tables and use the system for reviewing and feedback.
Workshops will be held (registrations now open):
- Burnie - Tuesday 5 June 2018, 10am - 12pm
- Launceston - Wednesday 6 June 2018, 10am - 12pm
- Hobart - Thursday 7 June 2018, 10am - 12pm
- Note, there may an additional workshop at Campbell Town mid-late June if it is needed - please let Sam know if you would prefer to attend this one.
All Tasmanian Tourism Awards entrants are provided with the opportunity to gain 3 hours of valuable one-on-one guidance from an experienced mentor.
- To participate you must first register your interest at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 8 June 2018.
- This is necessary so that we can plan ahead and secure and schedule the mentors time.
- Entrants will have the option of receiving their feedback, in writing or in person (face to face, over the phone or skype).
- Once you register you will be then given a deadline for completing your first draft of your submission for the mentor to review
- Mentoring will take place between Monday 2 July and Friday 10 August 2018.
- As we expect a large number of businesses to register, there will be more than one mentor, and you can choose who you book with at a time that suits you best. You'll be notified when this online calendar is available and it will be a case of first in, first served.
How it works
Your first draft will need to be available (either in the portal or via an emailed document) to your mentor approximately 4 days prior to your booked session.
Your mentor will spend approximately 1 1/2 hours reading and making notes about your submission. The rest of the allocated three hours (1 1/2 hrs) will be spent providing feedback. So, if you've selected face to face or phone mentoring, please allow 1 1/2 hrs for this.
If you cannot make a feedback session, your feedback will be returned as soon as it's completed via email or available on the portal.
NOTE: You must have at least attempted all of the questions before you send your draft to the mentor.
Please let Sam know if you have any questions about this by email email@example.com or phone 0400 224 942.