2017 Tourism Awards
The 2017 Tasmanian Tourism Awards will be launched on the 22nd March.
2017 Key Dates and Entry Process
Nominations for the 2017 Tasmanian Tourism Awards will now open on MONDAY 27th MARCH, 2017.
Nominations Open27 March 2017
Nominate online for your chosen category(s)
Awards Information Session1 May 2017
Meet the Awards Coordinator, our Chair of Judges, and learn more about any changes to this year’s program and categories. Sessions will be held statewide.
Nominations Close1 June 2017
Get to an Entrant Workshop and start on your entry as soon as possible after nominating!
Entrant Workshops5 June 2017
For entrants old and new. These workshops provide tips for answering individual questions as well as advice on writing style and getting the judges’ attention.
Registrations for Mentoring close16 June 2017
Don’t miss out! 3 hours of one-on-one mentoring on your entry with an awards mentor. Registration is essential.
Entrant Mentoring Starts10 July 2017
You’ll need to have completed your first draft of questions online for the mentor to review (depending on the category).
Submissions Due23 August 2017
The most important date to remember! You must complete your online application and submit by COB today!
Site Visits Start26 August 2017
Site Judges will visit your business (by appointment) between 26 August and 14 September 2017.
Finalists Announced12 October 2017
If you achieve a mark of 70% or above, you’ll achieve finalist status and receive the finalist logo. Time to celebrate and promote, promote, promote!
Tourism Awards Gala Dinner3 November 2017
Time to get out your formal wear for the biggest night of the year! The biggest night on the Tasmanian tourism calendar, anyway.
Qantas Australian Tourism Awards1 February 2018
The lucky winners in each category are off to Perth for the Qantas Australian Tourism Awards Gala dinner.
How to Enter
- Read the category descriptions carefully to choose the category most relevant to your business and product;
- Nominate for your chosen category(s) and pay the entry fee: $180 per entry incl GST;
- Jump online and start answering the questions;
- Attend the free Awards workshops with the tips and tricks to help you put together your best possible entry;
- Take up the offer of free Awards mentoring;
- Finalise your entry and submit by the August deadline;
- Host a visit from our site judge;
- And nervously await the announcement of finalists in October!