2018 Tasmanian Tourism Awards
Nominations for the 2018 Tasmanian Tourism Awards open in March!
Nominations Open7 March 2018
Nominate online for your chosen category(s)
Tourism Awards Information Sessions1 May 2018
Meet the Awards Coordinator, our Chair of Judges, and learn more about any changes to this year’s program and categories. Sessions will be held statewide.
Nominations Close30 May 2018
Get to an Entrant Workshop and start on your entry as soon as possible after nominating!
Entrant Workshops5 June 2018
For entrants old and new. These workshops provide tips for answering individual questions as well as advice on writing style and getting the judges’ attention.
Registrations for Mentoring close8 June 2018
Don’t miss out! 3 hours of one-on-one mentoring on your entry with an awards mentor. Registration is essential.
Entrant Mentoring Starts2 July 2018
Mentoring occurs between 2 July and 10 August. The coordinator will be in touch to let you know when your first draft is due for reading, and a time for a ...
Submissions Due22 August 2018
The most important date to remember! You must complete your online application and submit by 5pm today!
Site Visits Start1 September 2018
Site Judges will visit your business (by appointment) between 1 and 30 September, 2018.
Finalists Announced10 October 2018
If you achieve a mark of 70% or above, you’ll achieve finalist status and receive the finalist logo. Time to celebrate and promote, promote, promote!
Tourism Awards Gala Dinner9 November 2018
Time to get out your formal wear for the biggest night of the year! The biggest night on the Tasmanian tourism calendar, anyway.
Qantas Australian Tourism Awards22 February 2019
The lucky winners in each category will join the cream of Australian tourism at the prestigious Qantas Australian Tourism Awards Gala to be held in Launceston!
How to Enter
- Read the category descriptions carefully to choose the category most relevant to your business and product;
- Nominate for your chosen category(s) and pay the entry fee: $190 per entry incl GST;
- Jump online and start answering the questions;
- Attend the free Awards workshops with the tips and tricks to help you put together your best possible entry;
- Take up the offer of free Awards mentoring;
- Finalise your entry and submit by the August deadline;
- Host a visit from our site judge;
- And nervously await the announcement of finalists in October!